Saturday, September 3, 2011

OPRAH'S STROKE OF GENIUS

Oprah, dear Oprah. Though the Oprah Show is not very high on my list of television priorities, and TV is something I avoid anyway, but when Craig comes home from work, he can only zone out in front of the tube: Oprah, Isidingo, Fear Factor, any corny-as-hell horror - and always, religiously, the news & weather.
(Looks likes my current crochet project!)
The Oprah show I happened to half-watch a week ago scared me to death. Literally. Her topics: cholesterol, high blood pressure and strokes. Not so nice for someone who has lived in denial about her high cholesterol levels for the last decadently deadly decade. When you're in your 20s, you're immortal, immune and... immature. In your 30s, you begin to see how finite and fragile life really is as middle-age looms, a great black shadow of wrinkly, saggy, diseased doom. Well - that's if you are afraid of ageing. And I wasn't, until Oprah's in-house doctor violently bashed in a scabby plaque of yellow cholesterol on the wall of the giant artery he'd built to so effectively shock the living sh*ts out of us!

And so, Oprah and your dishy doc, you will be mighty proud to note the massive nutritional changes in my life, and hopefully in my arteries too!

Here's a link to Dr Oz's video: Cholesterol 101

No comments:

Post a Comment